Mobile Forms Android Enterprise App Upgrade to the Mobile Forms Google Play Store App
This guide will review how to switch between two versions of the Mobile Forms app, uninstalling the Enterprise build and installing the Google Play Store Build. The primary benefits of switching over are that updates to the Play Store build are streamlined and easier to install and that the Play Store version does not operate on certificates that expire after a given time period like the Enterprise app does.
In order to begin the process you will need to have the following:
- Administrative access to the Field2Base Admin Portal, with the ability to modify Users, Licenses and Devices.
- Physical or remote access to the Device being upgraded.
- Access to the Google Play Store on the Device, logged into with a valid User Account.
Once you have everything recommended in this section, continue with the upgrade process.
Upgrading the Application
Note: If the Enterprise App has expired and does not open, please upgrade to the newest version of the Enterprise App, then continue with the upgrade.
Ensure that any pending Drafts saved on the Device are sent through the system prior to continuing.
- Uninstall the Mobile Forms App. (Enterprise version)
- Log in to the Field2Base Admin Portal.
- Navigate to the Licenses and Devices page.
- Check the box next to left of the Device you will be upgrading and then click the Remove Devices button to remove the Device from the list. (This frees up a License we'll be using)
- On the Device, open the Google Play Store from the home page.
- Open the Search Bar and type "Field2Base Mobile Forms".
- Find our App logo with the app name of "Mobile Forms" and tap "Install".
- Once Installed, open the Mobile Forms App.
- Tap the option on the starting page to "Log in with an existing account"
- Enter the Field2Base User Credentials (email and password) for the User you want to be assigned to the Device
- Click the Log In button.
Keep in mind that it may take a few minutes for all of your materials to become visible in the app while they download.
Note: If you do not know the password for the account you're logging in with, you can reset the password by going to Admin > Users > Edit and entering a new password before clicking "Update" at the bottom. See our Admin Guide to Resetting User Password
for more details.
Mobile Forms Android Install Via the Google Play Store
Overview This guide is meant to familiarize the reader with the Mobile Forms install process when installing through the Google Play Store. It will show where to go on your tablet or phone and what buttons to press to get Mobile Forms installed and ...
Mobile Forms Android Install Guide
Which App do I Download? There are two different versions of the app, the Enterprise Version and the Google Play Store Version. As such, there are two separate ways to download and activate these versions. Please download the version your company has ...
Mobile Forms iOS Enterprise App Upgrade to the Mobile Forms iOS App Store
Overview This guide will review how to switch between two versions of the Mobile Forms app, uninstalling the Enterprise build and Installing the App Store Build. The primary benefits of switching over are that updates to the App Store build are ...
Mobile Forms iOS Install Via the Apple App Store
Overview This guide is meant to familiarize the reader with the Mobile Forms install process when installing through the Apple App Store. It will show where to go on your tablet or phone and what buttons to press to get Mobile Forms installed and ...
Mobile Forms Android Upgrade Guide
Overview This document is meant to guide users on how to properly upgrade the Mobile Forms app on their Android Devices. An upgrade installs a new version of the app directly over an older one, without the need to re-install. Alternatively, you can ...