Mobile Forms iOS 7.3 Beta Release Notes
This document details the 7.3 Beta release of our Mobile Forms application for iOS Devices. The version number shown in the app is 188.8.131.52 BETA in the Portal and 184.108.40.206 in the App's Settings > About Mobile Forms Section.
Released in the 7.3.3 Build (8/23/2023) - Available on 9/2/2023
- Update the Datasource Region Drop-Down List Display based on Its Location on the Screen in the iOS App [SB-3286]
Updated Datasource Regions to always highlight the Region currently selected and updated Datasource Region drop-down lists displayed to be better positioned based on the zoom level and the location of the Region in the iOS App.
- Update the Password Fields with Show/Hide Indicators and the Labels and Layout when Changing Passwords in the iOS App [SB-3326]
Updated the Password Fields with the Show/Hide Password buttons on the Change Password screen in the new UI of the iOS App and updated the UI and layout of fields to match the Login screen in the new UI of the iOS App.
- Investigate and Fix the Set Work Order Sort Order Configuration Not Working Correctly in the iOS 7.1.9 App [SB-3112]
Fixed an issue with the Set Work Order Sort Order Configuration not working correctly and fixed the default sorting to be by Timestamp (Newest) in the iOS App.
- Investigate Why the iOS 7.3.0 App Gets Stuck Uploading a Sent Form Forever [SB-3256]
Investigation complete. The issues reported here look to be resolved after SB-3272 and SB-3318 were done.
- Investigate and Fix Custom Get REST Web Service Calls Returning Errors in the iOS 7.2 App [SB-3278]
Fixed an issue with GET REST Web Service Calls returning an empty response object if there were new lines characters present in the result when filling out Forms in the iOS 7.2 App.
- Allow Device Replacement when a Company Is Out of Licenses if the User Has an Active Device in the iOS 7.2 App [SB-3284]
Updated the Activation process to allow Device Replacement if the User has an Active Device registered and there are no Licenses available for the Company in the iOS App.
- Fix the Show/Hide Password Icon on the Existing Login Screen in the New UI of the iOS App [SB-3302]
Fixed the Show/Password button's icon to properly display the hidden vs. visible iconography on the Existing Login Screen in the new UI of the iOS App.
- Add a Close Button to the Default Pen Options Pop-Up Window in the Settings Section of the iOS App [SB-3312]
Added a Close button to the bottom of the Default Pen Option pop-up window in the Settings section in the iOS App.
- Fix the Filters Pop-Up Menu Staying Open when Navigating to the Settings Section on iPhones in iOS 7.2 App [SB-3316]
Fixed an issue with the Filters (Folder Selection, Search, and Sort) pop-up menu UI staying open when navigating to the Setting section in the new UI of the iOS App on iPhones.
- Investigate and Fix Viewing Sent Forms Causing Crashes in the iOS 7.3.1 App [SB-3318]
Fixed an issue with viewing Sent Forms causing crashes after fixes were put in place related to crashes happening after sending a Canceled Work Order in the iOS 7.3.x App.
- Investigate and Fix the Text Color for Pop-Up Windows Being Incorrect in the iOS 7.3.2 App [SB-3321]
Fixed an issue with the text color being green and not white for the Done button in various pop-up windows in the iOS 7.3.2 App.
- Investigate and Fix the Search Filter Not Working Correctly in the Sent Forms Section of the New UI of the iOS App [SB-3346]
Fixed an issue with the Search Filter not using the full Form Title when searching in the Sent Forms section in the new UI of the iOS App.
Released in the 7.3.2 Build (8/2/2023) - Available on 8/11/2023
- Add a Cancel Option to the Save Draft Pop-Up Window when Filling Out Forms in the iOS App [SB-3142]
Added a Cancel button to the Save Draft pop-up window that appears when you tap the Back button when filling out Forms in the iOS App.
- Standardize the Diagnostic Manually Sent to Technical Support for Troubleshooting in the iOS App [SB-3283]
Updated the label and added a confirmation pop-up window for the Send Diagnostic option in the About Mobile Forms section of the iOS App. Additionally, updated the Diagnostic generated by the iOS App with a new unique filename for the ZIP file.
- Investigate and Fix the Issues with Uploading Completed Sent Forms of Cancelled Work Orders in the iOS 7.2 App [SB-3272]
Fixed issues with Drafts based on Cancelled Work Orders that are sent from the App causing crashes and the User getting stuck on a Loading indicator in the iOS 7.2 App.
- Investigate Getting Stuck on the Loading Indicator in a Draft Returning from the Lock Screen in the iOS 7.3.0 App [SB-3274]
Investigation complete. Unable to reproduce getting stuck after being on the Lock screen so no further action will be taken.
- Fix Issues with the Default View Not Showing All Main Menu Sections in the iOS 7.3.x App [SB-3277]
Fixed an issue with the default view not showing any Main Menu sections when no Main Menu Section Visibility Configurations are enabled in the iOS 7.3.x App.
- Add URL Validation and Error Message to the View.openURL Script Call in the iOS App [SB-3279]
Added validation to the View.openURL Script call that will display an error message if the URL provided is not valid when filling out Forms in the iOS App.
- Investigate and Fix the Default Start Screen Setting Not Being Used in the iOS 7.3.1 App [SB-3300]
Fixed an issue with the Default Start Setting not be used when the App is started each time in the new UI of the iOS 7.3.1 App.
- Investigate and Fix Text Regions Not Getting Unlocked using the Region Unlock Script Call in the iOS 7.3.1 App [SB-3301]
Fixed an issue with the Region.unlockValue() script call not unlocking Text Regions initially locked in the Form Template when filling out Forms in the iOS 7.3.1 App.
- Investigate and Fix the Navigation Menu Duplicating Itself after Logging Back In on iPhones while in Portrait Mode in the iOS 7.3.1 App [SB-3304]
Fixed an issue with the Navigation Menu being duplicated when the User logs out and back into the iOS App on iPhones when in the Portrait Mode.
Released in the 7.3.1 Build (7/20/2023)
- Confirm the Purging Mechanisms and Added Cleanup Mechanisms in the iOS App [SB-2925]
Confirmed the actual purging mechanisms for the iOS App and added cleanup measures to run temp file cleanup when the App is started each time and run cleanup on partially downloaded Sent Forms in the iOS App.
- Update Sent Forms to Not Allow Quick Copy if the Disable Form Quick Copy Setting is Enabled in the New iOS App UI [SB-2948]
Updated Sent Forms to no longer show the Quick Copy option for Form Templates with the "Disable Quick Copy for the entire Form" setting enabled in the Sent Forms section in the new UI of the iOS App.
- Add a Close Button to the Pen Region Options Pop-Up Window for Pen Regions in the iOS App [SB-3117]
Added a Close button to the Pen Region Options pop-up window when inking in Pen Regions while filling out Forms in the iOS App.
- Update the Available Sort Options for the My Work Section in the iOS App [SB-3134]
Removed the Address (A-Z) and Address (Z-A) options from the Sort options shown in the My Work section of the iOS App.
- Added a Send Diagnostic Option to the About Mobile Forms Section in the iOS App [SB-3217]
Added a Send Diagnostic option to the About Mobile Forms screen in the Settings section of the iOS App.
- Update the Add an E-Mail Address Option to Not Allow Periods at the End of the Username for E-Mail Addresses in the iOS App [SB-3223]
Updated the validation for e-mail addresses entered on the Optional Recipients screen when sending Forms to prevent invalid e-mail formats (i.e. periods before the @ symbol) in the iOS App.
- Update Buttons to Display the Pressed Event when the User Taps on a Button while Filling Out Forms in the iOS 7 App [SB-3249]
Updated Buttons designed in Form Templates to display the pressed event when filling out Forms in the iOS App.
- Update the Form Viewer in Portrait Mode to Align the Form to the Top of the Screen on Phones in the iOS App [SB-3251]
Updated the Form Viewer to align Forms at the top of the screen when loaded while in Portrait Mode for iPhones in the iOS App.
- Confirm the Ability to Change a Temporary or Expired Password before Attempting the Activation Process in the iOS App [SB-3261]
Confirmed that the screen to change an expired or temporary Password is present and works during the Activation process in the new UI of the iOS App.
- Investigate and Fix Main Menu Section Visibility Configs No Longer Working in the iOS App [SB-3054]
Fixed issues with the Main Menu section visibility configurations not being applied correctly in the new UI of the iOS App.
- Investigate and Fix the No License Warning Not Appearing when Activating in the iOS 7.2.6 App [SB-3206]
Fixed an issue with the activation process not displaying an error message when a Company is out of Licenses when activating using an E-Mail Address and Password in the iOS App.
- Investigate and Fix the Inactivity Timer Triggering when No Data Has Been Entered into a Form Draft while Kiosk Mode is Enabled in the iOS 7.3.0 App [SB-3236]
Fixed an issue with the Inactivity Timer being triggered when no data has been entered into a Draft which resulted in new Drafts constantly being created while Kiosk Mode is enabled in the iOS 7.3.0 App.
- Investigate and Fix Work Orders Not Loading Prefilled Data Correctly in the iOS 7.3.0 App [SB-3237]
Fixed an issue with Work Orders not properly loading Drafts and prefilling the appropriate Regions in the iOS 7.3.0 App.
- Investigate and Fix the Cancel Button Not Working when Taking Photos for Camera Regions in the iOS 7.2.8 App [SB-3238]
Fixed an issue with the Cancel button not working in the built-in Camera app when taking Photos in Camera Regions in the iOS 7.2 App.
- Investigate and Fix the Work Order Names Not Text Wrapping in the My Work Section on iPads in the iOS 7.2.8 and 7.3.0 Apps [SB-3239]
Fixed an issue with the Work Order Name not always wrapping the text to a new line in the My Work section on iPads in the new UI of the iOS App.
- Investigate and Fix the Form View Resetting to the Top of the Screen after Entering or Selecting Region Values in the iOS 7.3.0 App [SB-3242]
Fixed an issue with the Form View being reset to the top of the screen after entering text in using a keyboard while filling out Forms in the iOS 7.3.0 App.
- Investigate and Fix Zooming Not Working when Filling Out Forms in the iOS 7.3.0 App [SB-3246]
Fixed an issue with zooming not working correctly when filling out Forms in the iOS 7.3.0 App.
- Investigate and Fix the Keyboard Not Auto-Capitalizing the First Letter when Entering Values in Text Regions in the iOS 7.3.0 App [SB-3257]
Fixed issues with the keyboard not auto-capitalizing the first letter when the iOS General Keyboard Setting is enabled when entering values into Text-based Regions in the Swift Version of the iOS App.
Released in the 7.3.0 Build (6/16/2023)
- Investigate and Fix when Initializing Drafts Taking Longer to Load when Datasource Regions Are Present in the Form Template in the iOS 7 App [SB-2982]
Overhauled the Form Draft loading to use the Swift codebase to fix performance issues related to initializing and loading Form Drafts when Datasource Regions are present in the design of the Form Template in the iOS 7 App.
Forms Designer Quick Start Guide
Overview Field2Base Forms Designer is the proprietary software application that allows your existing paper forms to be quickly converted to a smart E-form available to your end users via our mobile and web-based Mobile Forms applications. This ...
Integration Service Configuration Guide
How To Configure Integration Services To Allow Read/Write Access on a Network Path All of our Integration Products, including the DIM, DUU, and EDM have respective Windows Services responsible for communicating with our server. Occassionally, ...
Data Integration Module (DIM) Migration Guide
Overview This article provides the information necessary to migrate the Field2Base Data Integration Module (DIM) over from one server to another. Please refer to the DIM Install Guide for the initial installation of the Field2Base DIM. Once that's ...
How to Check the Version of Integration Products Running on a Windows 10 Machine
Right-click on the Start menu button. Click on Apps & Features. In the Apps & Features search bar type in the Integration Product you are looking for, eg. F2B Data Integration Module, F2B Data Upload, or F2B Enterprise Dispatch Module. Click to ...
Mobile Forms Android Enterprise App Upgrade to the Mobile Forms Play Store App
Overview This guide covers how to upgrade from the Enterprise build to the App Store Build of the Mobile Forms app. The primary benefits of switching over are that updates to the App Store build are streamlined and easier to install and that the App ...