Mobile Forms Android 7.3 Beta Release Notes
This document details the 7.3 Beta release of our Mobile Forms App for Android Devices. The version number shown in the app is 188.8.131.52 BETA in the Portal and 7.3.8 in the App's Settings > About Mobile Forms Section.
Released in the 7.3.4 - 7.3.8 Builds (1/18/2024 - 2/19/2024) - Available on 2/23/2024
- Update the Activation and Login Processes for Single Sign-On Authentication in the Android App [SB-1725]
Updated the activation and login processes used by the App Sync Engine to support Single Sign-On (SSO) authentication using new endpoints in the Android App.
- Update the UI to Support Single Sign-On Authentication for Activation and Login in the Android App [SB-1936]
Updated the UI flow of the activation and login processes to support Single Sign-On (SSO) authentication in addition to using the standard F2B login in the Android App. Additionally, the Welcome screen has been changed to first search for an User account by e-mail address to prevent accidental creation of Free Demo Accounts.
- Remove the Password Field from the Create New Account Screen in the Android App [SB-3449]
Removed the Password field from the Create New Account screen in the Android App and a random Password will now be generated instead when creating a Free Demo Account.
- Investigate and Fix Issues with the getDatasourceList Script Call Not Working Correctly in the Android 7.3.x App [SB-3487]
Fixed an issue with the [Region].getDatasourceList() script call not working correctly in the Android 7.3.x App.
- Investigate and Fix Not Being Able to Switch Users when the Device Limit Has Been Reached in the Android App [SB-3532]
Fixed an issue with not being to switch Users on an activated Device after logging out and back in and the Company (or the new User) had reached its Activation Limit in the Android App.
Released in the 7.3.3 Builds (11/29/2023) - Available on 12/6/2023
- Implement Close Parent Draft Functionality When Using Claim Workflow in the Android App [SB-3305]
Implemented the Field2Base.closeDraft() script call in the parent Form Draft when it has claimed a Form from Workflow in the Android App.
- Add Show/Hide Indicator to the Password Fields and Update Labels when Changing Passwords in the Android App [SB-3325]
Added Show/Hide Password indicators to the Password fields on the Change Password Screen when the User is forced to change their Password due to a Company's Password Policy in the Android App.
Released in the 7.3.2 Builds (11/20/2023) - Included in the 12/6/2023 Release
- Update the Datasource Region Drop-Down List Display based on Its Location on the Screen in the Android App [SB-3285]
Updated Datasource Regions to always highlight the Region currently selected and updated Datasource Region drop-down lists displayed to be better positioned based on the zoom level and the location of the Region in the Android App.
- Investigate and Fix Mandatory Recipients Not Being Respected when Sending Forms in the Android 7.2.16 App [SB-3398]
Fixed an issue with Mandatory Recipient sometimes not being saved correctly when a Form is sent in the Android 7.2.16 App.
- Investigate and Fix Crashes that Occur when Loading Existing Drafts in the Android 7.2.16 App [SB-3406]
Fixed an issue with resuming existing Form Drafts and the Drafts with previously filled out Regions end up not loading any values resulting in re-filling out the Form Draft in the Android 7.2 App.
Released in the 7.3.1 Builds (9/5/2023) - Included in the 12/6/2023 Release
- Standardize the Automated and Manual Diagnostics Sent to Technical Support for Troubleshooting in the Android App [SB-3282]
Updated the label and added a confirmation pop-up window for the Send Diagnostic option in the About Mobile Forms section of the Android App. Additionally, updated the Diagnostic generated by the Android App to contain a ZIP file instead of individual files and added a Device Info text file to the Diagnostic that was previously only recorded in the e-mail body.
- Investigate and Fix Not Being Able to Login in the Enterprise Build of the Android 7.3.0 App [SB-3339]
Fixed an issues with logging back in and after logging out causing crashes in the Enterprise build of the new UI of the Android App.
Released in the 7.3.0 Builds (8/18/2023) - Included in the 12/6/2023 Release
- Update Sent Forms to Not Allow Quick Copy if the Disable Form Quick Copy Setting is Enabled in the New Android App UI [SB-2959]
Updated the new UI in the Sent Forms section of the Android App to not display the Quick Copy shortcut icon, the Quick Copy option in the long press menu, and the Quick Copy option in the upper right-hand options menu when the Form Template for the Sent Form has the "Disable Quick Copy for the entire form" Setting enabled.
- Update the Login Screen to Use the New App UI in the Enterprise Build of the Android App [SB-3138]
Updated the Login screen to use the new look and feel of the new App UI in the Enterprise build of the Android App.
- Update the Target API Level to Android 13 (API level 33) in the Android App [SB-3338]
Updated the Target API Level to 33 (Android 13) and left the Minimum API Level at 21 starting with the Android 7.3.x App builds.
- Investigate and Fix Main Menu Section Visibility Configs No Longer Working in the Android App [SB-3051]
Fixed issues with the Main Menu section visibility configurations not being applied correctly in the new UI of the Android App.
- Remove the Save to Print Option in the Sent Forms Section in the Android App [SB-3074]
Removed the "Save to print" option from the menu when viewing Sent Forms if the now deprecated Allow Save Form Configuration is enabled in the Android App.
- Confirm the Ability to Change a Temporary or Expired Password before Attempting the Activation Process in the Android App [SB-3262]
Confirmed that the screen to change an expired or temporary Password is present and works during the Activation process in the new UI of the Android App.
- Add URL Validation and Error Message to the View.openURL Script Call in the Android App [SB-3280]
Added validation to the View.openURL Script call that will display an error message if the URL provided is not valid when filling out Forms in the Android App.
- Investigate and Fix the Text Color for the View Recipients Pop-Up Window while in Light Mode in the Android App [SB-3331]
Fixed the text color of the list of Recipients when the View Recipients option is selected for a Sent Form and Light Mode is enabled on the Device in the new UI Of the Android App.
Forms Designer Quick Start Guide
Overview Field2Base Forms Designer is the proprietary software application that allows your existing paper forms to be quickly converted to a smart E-form available to your end users via our mobile and web-based Mobile Forms applications. This ...
Portal 11.28.2023 Release Notes
Overview Our release notes offer brief descriptions of product enhancements and bug fixes. We include links to the current articles for any affected features. Those articles will be updated shortly after the Portal release to include new ...
Integration Service Configuration Guide
How To Configure Integration Services To Allow Read/Write Access on a Network Path All of our Integration Products, including the DIM, DUU, and EDM have respective Windows Services responsible for communicating with our server. Occassionally, ...
Data Integration Module (DIM) Migration Guide
Overview This article provides the information necessary to migrate the Field2Base Data Integration Module (DIM) over from one server to another. Please refer to the DIM Install Guide for the initial installation of the Field2Base DIM. Once that's ...
How to Check the Version of Integration Products Running on a Windows 10 Machine
Right-click on the Start menu button. Click on Apps & Features. In the Apps & Features search bar type in the Integration Product you are looking for, eg. F2B Data Integration Module, F2B Data Upload, or F2B Enterprise Dispatch Module. Click to ...