How To Configure Integration Services To Allow Read/Write Access on a Network Path
All of our Integration Products, including the DIM, DUU, and EDM have respective Windows Services responsible for communicating with our server. Occassionally, depending on how the products are configured, the service may not be able to communicate with the host machine, or the network path that the product has been pointed to. This guide describes the most common way to configure the Windows Services so that they have all of the read/write access they need to let our products run smoothly.
Changing Service Log On from "System Account" to "This Account"
For the DIM, EDM, and DUU alike this process remains the same as we'll be managing the service properties via Windows. To change the Service Log On Settings do the following:
1. Open the Windows Services Manager (services.msc). This is most easily accessed by opening the Search Menu in Windows next to the Start Button and searching for "Services".
2. Once the Services Manager is open, you will want to search the list of services for the Integration Service you want to modify. Depending on which product(s) you have installed it could be one of three possible Service Names:
a. F2B Data Integration Service (DIM)
b. F2BDispatcherService (EDM)
c. F2B Data Upload Service (DUU)
3. Once you have found the Service you want to modify, stop the service.
4. Next, right click it in the list and select "Properties" from the resulting menu.
5. Select the "Log On" tab at the top of the Properties Menu.
6. Here there are two options, Log on as a Local System Account, or Log on as "This account", an account you specify the credentials of.
Note: By default the Service will try to run using the Local System account option, but if for some reason this does not work due to the access the Local System account has, it is recommended that you change the Log On option to "This account" and specify an Administrator account with full access to the location you want the product to interact with. For example, if you are having the DIM deposit files onto a Network Location, you want to make sure the Service Account has access to write to the machine being accessed over a network, specifically to the File Path you are trying to interact with.
7. Change the Log on as option to "This account:" and then enter the Username, Password, and Password confirmation.
8. Click "Apply"
9. Click "OK"
10. Start the service again and consult the Integration Logs to see that the newly declared account is working properly and processes are running correctly.
Note: The Logs for Integration Products can be viewed a few ways. The easiest way is to view them within the Admin Part of the product, i.e. the DIM Admin, EDM Admin, or Data Upload Admin in the Logs Tab. If you prefer to view the Log text files generated by the products, they can be found in these file paths by default:
- DIM: C:\Program Files (x86)\F2B Data Integration Module\Logs
- EDM: C:\Program Files (x86)\F2B Enterprise Dispatch Module\Logs
- DUU: C:\Program Files (x86)\F2B Data Upload\Logs