This article will guide you through installing the Field2Base Data Upload Utility (DUU) on a compatible PC. The latest version available is 6.5.
Compatible Operating Systems
- Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium, Business, and Ultimate Editions
- Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Professional, and Ultimate Editions
- Microsoft Windows 10 Home and Pro Editions
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition and Newer Versions
Hard Drive/Disk Space:
- A Minimum of 500MB should be held in reserve for initial use with the DUU.
The DUU has no additional requirements and is a lightweight service intended to efficiently upload Form Data Files.
Note: The User Account with which you are installing the application needs to have Administrative privileges.
Steps for Installation
1. Check if you have Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 binaries already installed on your PC. Depending on your PC’s system configuration, you may have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 binaries already enabled or installed previously. It will either be listed in one of the following locations:
- Location 1: Control Panel > Programs and Features section > Programs List
- Location 2: Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off section.
2. If you do not see it listed in either location, then you will need to enable it in the Control Panel > Programs and Features > Turn Windows features on or off section.
3. Log in to the F2B Admin Portal Downloads page and download the Data Upload Utility file.
4. Save the F2B_DUU_62.exe file locally.
5. Run the downloaded EXE file.
6. Click Next.
7. Click Next.
8. Click Install.
9. Click Yes if prompted by Windows Access Control.
10. Wait for the install to complete.
11. Click Finish.
12. Please see the DUU User Guide
to learn how to setup the DUU to automatically upload Form Data Files to the Field2Base server on a regular basis.
Anti-Virus Software Exclusion Recommendation
Now that you have F2B Data Upload Utility installed on your PC, Field2Base recommends that you take the precautionary step to exclude the Data Upload Utility application from your Anti-Virus scanning and any other security software that may alter the installation.
The reason we recommend the exclusion is that Field2Base protects the code of our software using a process called obfuscation (which essentially encrypts the code) and unfortunately in this day and age, malware creators will often use a similar method to make their viruses harder to combat. Anti-Virus and Security Companies will flag the same obfuscation profile of our software and it results in our software being incorrectly identified as a security threat.
Since there are so many different Anti-Virus scanners and security software out there, we cannot provide the exact steps on how to exclude the software, but from our experience, it is typically found in the Settings for the software. You will then need to exclude the following folder depending on the Operating System (OS) version:
- 32 Bit OS: C:\Program Files\F2B Data Upload
- 64 Bit OS: C:\Program Files (x86)\F2B Data Upload
Service Network Access
Starting with version 6.2, the DUU Service now uses the standard HTTPS Port of 443 to communicate with our server to poll and download Sent Form data. No action should be required on your end.